BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, December 6, 2009

This is an introduction!

Okay, so I've been encouraged from people all over--mostly from NaNoWriMo authors--to write every single day, and so I created this. For my Non-NaNo writing, I'm going to start working on a fantasy series called The Fall of Hope. As I read in Orson Scott Card's "How to write Fantasy and Science Fiction" or something like that... I can't remember for sure. Anyway, you start a fantasy novel with world-building. At least, that seems to be the general approach.
So, I'm going to include what I've written so far concerning this world.

In other words, expect long posts.
(WARNING: THIS IS MY THOUGHTS, AND SHOULD BE TAKEN WITH A GRAIN OF SALT, SAND, OR FINGERNAIL POLISH)

The Fall of Hope Entire World Plotting:
Measure of the Days: 23:59
Measure of the Weeks: 5
Weeks per Month: 6
Months per Year: 13
365 DPY
5 DPW
5x6=30, one month
6 weeks, 30 days. How many months to 365?
30
60
90
120
150
180
210
240
270
300
330
360
365
12 months, with 5 days leftover. The thirteen month should have special significance, since there's only 5 days of it, and then the calender should restart. Of course, this is assuming that the planet that they're on can support human life and has the same “Goldilocks zone” properties that Scientists say can support life that is similar to what we have on earth. This is also assuming that the planet has the same revolution around the sun and spins at the same speed.
For the sake of saving me a headache, I am going to say that this is indeed the case.

Now for seasons. It would make sense if the seasons were the same amount of time as it is here, on earth. As for the duration of the seasons, that should also be proportional, but the world should be vastly different—writing about Earth in different times and different circumstances can be a bore and a challenge with the geography.


Expect more soon. Like, minutes soon. :P

0 comments: